Are you planning to celebrate your 15th anniversary especially? Whether you’re looking for an exotic getaway or something closer to home, plenty of options are available.
From exciting adventures abroad to romantic escapes within the United States – we have some great anniversary ideas that will help make it an unforgettable experience!
Planning is key in anniversaries, and this guide offers suggestions on how best to plan for domestic and international travel. So if you’re looking for inspiration, read on as we explore some amazing destinations perfect for celebrating your 15th anniversary!
Celebrate the 15th Wedding Anniversary Abroad
The 15th wedding anniversary is a milestone, and it’s a good time to reflect on the past years and celebrate this special day with your partner. There are many romantic getaway options if you want to travel abroad as your 15th-anniversary gift. Here are some of them:
- Take a romantic cruise in the Caribbean – it’s a great way to relax and spend time together.
- Take a road trip through a beautiful part of the country.
- Plan a city break to places you’ve always wanted to visit, such as London (UK) or Rome (Italy).
- Get lost in the maze of Hampton Court Palace in London, England.
- Visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
- Explore the city of Barcelona with a Gaudi tour.
- Consider a luxury safari in Africa for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
- Take a cooking or wine-tasting vacation to a beautiful destination, such as Tuscany in Italy or Bordeaux in France.
- Explore the ancient ruins of Pompeii in Italy.
- Visit the beautiful Amalfi Coast in Italy.
- Plan a beach vacation in a secluded, romantic location such as the Maldives or Bora Bora.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at a mountain resort in Chamonix, France.
- Visit Malaysia’s beautiful beaches on the island of Langkawi.
- Consider a cultural trip to places with rich history and art, such as Japan or Egypt.
- Trek through the Nepalese Himalayas and explore Mount Everest Base Camp and other popular trekking routes in the Pokhara, Annapurna, and Everest regions.
- Go on an archeological tour in Egypt.
- Go hiking in Patagonia.
- Go diving in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- Visit the Taj Mahal in India.
- Ride a bicycle along the canals of Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Take a ride on the Great Wall in China.
- Take a five-day cruise around the Bahamas.
- Take a SPA trip to the thermal baths in Budapest.
- Visit New Zealand and take an adventure tour of the national park. Take a long trip to the South Pacific.
- Visit Machu Picchu in Peru.
- Experience the authentic local culture in Cambodia and visit Angkor Wat, the largest religious complex in the world.
- Stay at a luxury resort in Bali or Thailand, where you can enjoy massages on the beach and stroll through beautiful temples daily!
- Visit Shanghai’s historic waterfront Bund district, where you’ll find ancient buildings next to modern skyscrapers.
- Spend time on Caribbean islands like Jamaica or Barbados.
- The Galapagos Islands are a nature lover’s paradise with endemic wildlife and some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Luang Prabang in Laos.
- Take a trip to Patagonia to hike in Torres del Paine National Park or relax at the famous Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Watch the northern lights in Scandinavia.
- Take a cruise through the fjords in Norway.
- Take a boat trip down the Amazon River in Brazil.
- Spend time volunteering abroad.
- Visit the coffee region in Colombia.
- Stay at a jungle lodge in Belize.
- Celebrate your wedding anniversary in Mexico City.
- Camp under the stars at one of Ecuador’s many campgrounds.
- Explore the ruins of Tikal in Guatemala’s Mayan site.
- Swim with dolphins at Lovina Beach in Bali.
- Learn Spanish in Buenos Aires or Rio de Janeiro.
- Visit the impressive dunes in northern Brazil.
- Take a tapas tour in Spain.
- Visit the Alhambra in Andalusia, Spain.
- Take a camel ride through the desert in Morocco.
- Visit the Dead Sea in Israel.
- Visit Petra or the Red Sea resorts in Jordan.
- Soak up the sun on a white sand beach in Punta Cana.
- Go on a safari in Botswana.
- Enjoy the sunset over Victoria Falls in Zambia.
- Spend a secluded vacation at the Blue Lagoon in Fiji.
- Visit the island of Zanzibar or Mozambique.
- Take a trip to Seychelles.
- Go rock climbing, hiking, horseback riding, or bird watching on Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Ride a camel through the dunes of Namibia.
- Discover gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda.
- Explore South Africa’s wine country.
- Explore South Africa’s game parks.
- Travel Europe by train.
- Stay in a yurt in Mongolia.
- Visit one of Canada’s national parks.
- Camp in Jasper National Park in Alberta.
- See the northern lights in Iceland.
- Visit the historic sites and museums of Quebec City in Canada.
- Stay in a castle in France.
- Take a sauna in Finland.
- Visit Istanbul in Turkey.
- Tour the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- Take a cruise on the Danube River in Eastern Europe.
- Visit the canals of Vence in Italy.
- Take a cruise in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Explore historic squares and elegant palaces in Prague in the Czech Republic.
- Eat gelato in Florence, Italy.
- Visit Kerala – a boat ride on Lake Vembanadu or a visit to the backwaters is a must while you’re here!
- Take a luxurious romantic vacation to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or Oman.
Celebrate Your 15th Anniversary in the United States
If you prefer to stay in the United States or find that your budget is too tight, you don’t have to travel far to enjoy a romantic getaway. Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or a longer romantic vacation, there are plenty of options near you. Check out these trip ideas to celebrate your 15th anniversary in style.
- Plan a weekend at an upscale spa to relax and rejuvenate with some pampering treatments (massages!) while getting away from it all for a few days!
- Take a trip to your favorite beach spot. You don’t have to break the bank. Find affordable accommodations and plan a nice day at the beach, go shopping and eat at a nice restaurant in town.
- Stay in an all-inclusive resort for a night: A luxury hotel offers an elegant, special experience for your anniversary. Many hotels offer special packages for anniversaries, including upgrades to a suite or complimentary champagne and flowers upon arrival.
- Explore another city like New York or San Francisco, or even a smaller city like San Diego, and plan an overnight trip to another nearby city, but far enough away to be an adventure! Pick one attraction each day and visit it together before returning home in time for dinner with your loved one.
- Attend a concert with your favorite band, singer, or musician – if they’re on tour nearby!
- Go camping together. Bring some old photos from when you first met and relive those times as you reminisce. If you don’t live near forests or mountains, visit a beautiful nature area near your home for a new adventure!
- Take an active vacation, such as hiking, biking, or kayaking, instead of spending all day at an expensive resort in an exotic location (unless you want to!).
- Take a road trip through your state: get in your car and drive through your state to visit the places where you met, dated, and spent time together before you were married. It’s a great way to reconnect and see some remarkable sights simultaneously!
- Take a road trip together and explore America’s Grand Canyon! Driving is also a great way to bond as a couple when you get behind the wheel with only each other for company!
- Check out all the local museums in your area – there are usually some great museums that aren’t too expensive, so you can visit them without spending a lot of money!
- Visit an amusement park with lots of rides, like Six Flags or Disneyland (if you live nearby)! It’ll bring back memories of childhood and give you a boost of energy!
- Take romantic getaways in cities you’ve always wanted to visit – but never had the time!
- Take a cooking class together – this is a way for couples who love to eat but don’t cook together much to bond over something new! Start with something simple, like cooking pasta from scratch, and then move on (or don’t do it at all).
- Take a cruise. Many cruise ships offer special packages for anniversaries and honeymoons, so check before you book your trip.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at your favorite mountain resort; it’ll be fun to see how much better you’ve gotten over the years!
- Take a bike tour – whether mountain biking in Sedona, Arizona, road biking through Napa Valley, California, or just passing through.
- Stay at an eco-friendly lodge. Your 15th wedding anniversary is all about celebrating your journey together – and what better way to do that than by staying at an eco-friendly lodge? Whether you choose an all-inclusive resort or a secluded retreat, this accommodation will help you feel closer as a couple than ever before.
- Visit your favorite places from when you were first together – maybe go back to the place where you first met or went on a date; or visit places where you met friends before you became a couple, or do some sightseeing in areas that remind you of each other (such as visiting famous landmarks or a particular restaurant).
- Take a riverboat cruise in the French Quarter of New Orleans (or another city).
- Take a hot air balloon ride in Napa Valley (or another breathtaking location)
- Drive from North Carolina to South Carolina.
- Enjoy the beauty of Big Sur or Lake Tahoe.
- Ski in the mountains of Colorado or Washington State in North America.
- Learn to surf or snowboard together.
- Take a dance class.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or nursing home.
- Go kayaking together on a nearby lake, such as Lake Tahoe in California (make sure you have life jackets!).
- Get married again in Las Vegas.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Watch the stars at night.
- Buy tickets to a Broadway show.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Anniversary Destination
If you’re looking for the perfect destination for your anniversary, you’ve come to the right place! Whether it’s your first or fiftieth anniversary, choosing a destination that will be meaningful to both of you is important.
Planning an anniversary trip can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Below are some tips on how to choose a destination for your anniversary that will make your special day even more memorable:
- Consider your budget: even if you plan to spend a lot of money on this trip, it’s essential to consider your budget before booking anything. You don’t want your bank account to be empty at the end of the trip! Set a budget and stick to it as much as possible, so you don’t exceed it during this particular time.
- Choose a destination that matches your interests: if you and your spouse have similar interests (like hiking), then a hiking vacation would be perfect! Or if one of you loves art and history while the other loves nature, then visiting a place that offers both would be ideal. It depends on what you’re most interested in when picking a vacation spot!
- Think about your goals for your trip: Is there anything else you want to accomplish on your trip? Maybe you want to spend quality time together so you can reconnect after a week apart (or longer). Or maybe it’s just to get away from the daily grind. Whatever the reason for your vacation, make sure it also aligns with your partner’s goals. The trip will be much more enjoyable if you both have similar interests and expectations when you go.
You Must Take Time on Your Anniversary to Celebrate and Socialize With Your Partner
If you’re married, you know anniversaries are a big deal. Whether it’s the 9th anniversary, 10th, 15th, or 25th anniversary, it’s an occasion to celebrate and reunite with your spouse. The anniversary can be a good time to reflect on the past 15 years and consider what you’ve learned about love, marriage, and commitment.
Spending quality time together can help you build a solid foundation for the next decade of your marriage.
Take Time to Plan Something Special
Be creative when planning something special for your 15th wedding anniversary. You may want to take a trip to a particular place or spend time together doing something you haven’t done in a while – maybe even go out to eat at one of your favorite restaurants! When money is tight, it doesn’t have to be extravagant; just spending time together is enough to make the day memorable.
Remember Who You’re as Individuals
Just because you’re married doesn’t mean you have lost yourself. Remember who you were before marriage, and let that person be part of your 15th-anniversary celebration. If one spouse is more outgoing than the other, ensure they meet their needs on this special day. If one spouse loves music and dancing while the other prefers to stay home, include both activities in your plans.
Make Your Anniversary Special
The best way to make your 15th wedding anniversary special is to give it special meaning, so why not start now? Start planning the festivities you want for the big day now!
The Advantages of a Trip to the Anniversary
The benefits of an anniversary trip include the opportunity to try new things, relax and unwind, and create lasting memories.
- An anniversary trip is a great way to rekindle the romance and adventure in your relationship. It’s also an opportunity to try new things, relax and unwind, and create lasting memories together.
- You can explore new destinations. If you’ve been married for 15 years, there’s no better time to get out of your comfort zone and explore new places.
- You’ll have more time to yourself. When you travel with someone, you have less to worry about with the chores that need to be done at home and more time for each other. And if you book a trip that includes spa treatments or another pampering, that’s an even bigger win because it keeps the romance going between the sheets (or wherever!).
- You can reconnect with each other. When you’re away from home, there aren’t as many noises and distractions around you – making it easier for couples to reconnect and enjoy each other’s company.
Suggestions for Planning and Preparing for Your Anniversary Trip
If you’re planning an anniversary trip and want to make the most of your time together, it’s important to plan. Research and preparation can help make your trip memorable for all the right reasons.
Research Your Destination
First, carefully research your destination. Find out what activities are offered in the area and which interests you. If there’s something specific you’d like to do on your anniversary trip – hiking, golfing, or sightseeing, for example – book those activities as early as possible, so they’re not sold out by the time you arrive at your destination.
Book Accommodation and Transportation
Once you’ve decided where you want to travel, find out what hotels are available in the area and book one that suits your needs. If you prefer a cozy inn to a large resort hotel, find one that suits your needs and budget. When you arrive, you’ll also need transportation from the airport or train station to your hotel – book a cab or shuttle service in advance to have it waiting for you when you arrive.
Pack Only the Essentials for Your Trip
Pack the essentials. Pack only the essentials – don’t overdo it by taking too many things, as this could add unnecessary weight and cost you more money at the airport baggage check. Also, remember that many hotels offer free Wi-Fi access these days. So don’t pack heavy books or magazines unnecessarily, especially if they aren’t essential reading material for your trip!