When it comes to journaling, there are no rules. You can write about whatever you want, whenever you want. However, if you’re looking for ideas to help get you started, we’ve got 31 future self journal prompts! These prompts will help connect you with your future self and allow you to explore your goals and dreams. Who knows? Maybe by writing about them, you’ll be one step closer to making them a reality!
It’s suitable for anyone who wants to improve their life, but is especially helpful for those who’ve difficulty keeping their resolutions or goals
31 Future Self Journal Prompts
- What does your future look like?
- What’re your goals for the coming year?
- Where do you see yourself in six months, one year, or two years?
- Who else will be involved in your success?
- What’ll be your biggest challenge in the next five years?
- What’re you most afraid of?
- Who’ll be there for you when things get tough?
- What does the best future version of you look like?
- What surprises you most about the future you?
- What encouragement and love would your future self give your current self if she could?
- What new skills or knowledge does your future self have?
- What new hobbies or activities does your ideal future self pursue?
- What opportunities do you need to take advantage of now to become your future self?
- What behaviors do you need to change to become your future self?
- What opportunities will come your way today to demonstrate better behavior?
- How can you implement this new behavior in your daily life?
- What habits can you start today to foster your future?
- What challenges might keep you from realizing your vision for your future self?
- What would your future self choose to do in this situation?
- What actions could you take today to simplify your life tomorrow?
- What do your finances look like as your ideal future self?
- What do you think will be most important to you when you remember your childhood when you’re older and look back on it?
- Describe a time when you felt like you were living in the future. What was that moment like?
- What’re your hopes and dreams for the future?
- Do you think you’ll ever get married?
- Do you think you’ll ever have children?
- What advice would you give to your future self?
- How do you feel when you think about the future?
- Do you think the world will be better or worse in the future?
- Do you look forward to the future, or would you rather live in the past? Why?
- How would you like to be remembered?
Getting Started With Future Self Journal Writing
Future self journaling is a great way to get in touch with your inner self and can be a great tool to improve your life. Journal writing can help you stay organized, reflect on your day, and even gain a new perspective.
Here are some tips on how you can use journaling to reinvent yourself:
- Start with a blank notebook or journal. First, you should start writing down your thoughts and feelings. This will help you get into the writing groove and make it easier to write about more serious topics later.
- Write about things that bother you in life. Maybe something has been stressing you out or impacting your mental health lately, such as relationship problems or quitting your job. Journaling can be a great way to help you deal with some frustrations by putting them down on paper so they’re no longer bottled up inside you.
- Write about the things that make you happy in life! Sometimes we forget about all the good things in our lives because we focus so much on what’s wrong or needs to be fixed! It’s essential to take time each day to write down positive things in your life.
Future Journaling Helps You Envision the Future
Future Self Journaling is a simple technique to make your goals more realistic and achievable.
By writing down what you want to achieve and why you create a clear picture of your goals and motivation. This helps you focus on what’s essential and motivates you when things get tough. It also helps you develop positive emotions about your vision, improving your ability to achieve it.
In addition to writing down your vision, Future Self Journaling can help clarify doubts or concerns about achieving your goals. This can be especially helpful when obstacles get in your way or when something happens that makes it seem like it won’t work out after all (e.g., losing money). Even with such setbacks, we can use the Future Journal to imagine how we’ll overcome them so that we can continue to move toward our vision despite the challenges along the way.
How to Prepare Your Future Self Through Journaling
Journaling is one of the most effective ways to prepare for change. When you write about your thoughts and feelings, you can identify patterns in your behavior and thought process. This helps you anticipate your behavior in different situations.
By preparing your future self through journaling, you can make changes in the present that will lead to a better life in the future. In the following sections, we’ll review some ways journaling can help you prepare for change.
You can write down what you want out of life and then figure out how to achieve it
You can figure out what’s stopping you from achieving your goals, overcome those obstacles, and confidently move forward.
You can envision future experiences and use lessons from the past to make better choices for the future.
It’s okay if you don’t know precisely what you want now or in the future. This exercise is about connecting with your future self and making plans for that person.
Don’t use vague terms like “things will be better” or “I’ll be happier.” These phrases say nothing about what we want or why we want it. They’re just empty promises with no actionable steps or concrete plans behind them to achieve the things we say will happen “someday” when everything is finally perfect, and nothing bad happens!!!!
Write down specific goals, not vague wishes or dreams. If you want to lose weight, write down how much weight (or how many pounds) you want to lose, along with an action plan for how you’ll achieve that goal.
It Helps You Set Realistic Goals
The benefit of journaling for your future self is that it helps you set realistic goals. If you don’t write down what you want to accomplish, you’ll easily forget or put it off until later. This makes it harder for you to achieve your goals because so many distractions in life make it hard to focus on one thing. When you write down your goals and set how long it’ll take you to achieve them, they become real in your mind, and it’s easier for you to achieve them because there’s no room for excuses when it comes to doing something.
Another benefit of journaling for your future self is that when you look back at past entries, you can see how far you’ve come since then and the progress you’ve made in achieving your dreams. It also motivates you to keep going and not give up on your dreams just because things aren’t going as planned.
It Helps You Focus on Your Goals
Future Self Journaling helps you focus on achieving your goals. It’s also a way to visualize what you want and how you can achieve it.
The most important thing about this journal is that it’s all about you and what you want out of life. It’s not a diary for other people or even for your family. It’s for you.
It’s a great way to visualize who you want to be, the kind of life you want to live, and the person you want to be for others.
The first step in creating your future journal is to think about who you want to be in the next few years. Write down as many details as you can about that person:
- What does her body look like? What does she do in her head every day?
- How does she behave toward other people?
- What kind of person does she think she’s?
Once you have an idea of who this person might be, please write down the steps that need to be taken to make them a reality. The more detailed these steps are, the better they’re when written down on paper – because it gives them more weight and makes them feel more real than an idea floating around in your head!
It Helps You Track Your Progress
We humans aren’t always good at tracking our progress, which can cause us to get lost in the moment. We often forget how far we’ve come and what we’ve accomplished. The great thing about Future Self Journaling is that we can always look up what we’ve written and reflect on how far we’ve come.
It’s also a great way to hold yourself accountable. When you write down your goals, you can focus on them because you can see how far you’ve come when you reread them.
When you write down your goals, they must be specific and measurable so you can check your progress each day. If you’re not making progress on a particular goal, you can pinpoint exactly what went wrong or what you need to improve before moving on to another goal, so you’re making maximum progress on all of them at once!
This Will Help You Stay Motivated
Writing down your goals and steps can help you stay motivated because it gives you something to look forward to when things get tough. Instead of giving up, you can read what you wrote down and realize how much progress you’ve already made!
You’ll also notice that things used to be hard for you but are easy now because you’ve practiced them so much over time.
This can also make it easier for other goals because you know what works and what doesn’t in practice (i.e., if something doesn’t work, try something else).
It Helps You Visualize Success
It’s easy to tell ourselves that things will get better as they get worse – but it’s more motivating when we can see what our lives will look like when they get better. By writing about how things will be different in the future, we can visualize ourselves achieving our goals without having to do anything yet!
Writing future journals is a simple way to visualize success, envision the future you want, and plan how to get there. It helps you break down larger goals into smaller steps and gives you an idea of what your life will look like when you achieve them.
The first step in Future Self Journaling is focusing on what’s happening. This can be as simple as paying attention to your breath for a few minutes or reflecting on the past day.
Next, imagine what you’ll look like in the future after you achieve the goal you’re working toward. This should be an exciting scenario for you – one where you’re proud of yourself for accomplishing it! Imagine how this success might affect other aspects of your life, such as your relationships or career opportunities.
Finally, write down some specific actions that would help you achieve this vision of the future. These steps can range from reading more books on leadership skills to meditating before work in the morning.
Future Self Journaling Helps You Get in Touch With Your Future Self
Future Self Journaling is a great exercise to help you connect with your future self. It’s also a great way to plan your future. Many people find it hard to plan their future because they think from the perspective of their current selves. They think about what they want now, not what they might want later. Future Self Journaling helps you get in touch with your future self so you can plan for that person’s needs.
The main idea behind Future Self Journaling is that you write about what you want for your life in the future. You write about who you’re and what makes you happy or sad. You describe what things would make your life better and how they’d help you feel more fulfilled and happy. This can be very therapeutic because it helps people realize how much they’ve changed over time, how much they’ve grown up, and how much more mature they’re now than they were when they were younger.