The holidays are a time for family, friends, and fun. It’s also a great time to get creative with your Instagram Stories! This blog post will share 70 Christmas-themed Instagram Story ideas that will help you get in the holiday spirit! Whether you’re looking for ideas to inspire your own stories or just want to look at some fun examples, we’ve got you covered!
If you want to create an Instagram story template that gets as much attention as possible, here are some great ideas for photos and videos to share on social media.
- Share a Christmas memory.
- Share about a favorite tradition.
- Share an Instagram story of you decorating your house!
- Show off your home decorated for Christmas and mention the brands you used for your decorations.
- Ask for gift ideas.
- Share your Christmas wish list.
- Show off your Christmas sweater.
- Ask others what they’re getting for Christmas.
- Ask others what they want for Christmas.
- Share an Instagram story of you and Santa!
- Post your favorite Christmas song that you sang yourself.
- Show off what your dog is wearing at Christmas time.
- Share an Instagram story of you baking cookies!
- Show the gift you’re giving your best friend.
- Show the gift you’re giving your parents.
- Show off your favorite Christmas book.
- Share a picture of you and Santa with the hashtag #jinglebells.
- Take a picture of you carrying your Christmas tree to the car.
- Share a picture of you decorating your tree.
- Take photos of your Christmas tree from different angles and post them as an IG story.
- Take us on a tour of your decorated home and take photos of the Christmas lights decoration.
- Share a picture of you preparing a vacation feast.
- Show us how you wrap presents.
- Show us your new Christmas socks.
- Share a picture of you dancing at the office Christmas party.
- Share a photo of you making hot chocolate for the family.
- Share an Instagram reel of you trying out new Christmas recipes and show how they turned out!
- Take a selfie at Starbucks with the red cups.
- Post an Instagram video of your baby shaking his or her present.
- Take a selfie with your best friends during Christmas break.
- Post an Instagram video announcing how much time is left until Christmas! (use the countdown sticker).
- Take a photo of the lights in your neighborhood (or the next cool light show).
- Take a photo of your snowman or snowwoman that you built (ornaments count!).
- Take a photo of a fireplace with hanging stockings or no stockings.
- Take a photo of your kitchen with the coffee pot on it or a plate of cookies in the oven.
- Share your gifts with the world.
- Share your Christmas menu.
- Take a photo of your kids unwrapping presents.
- Share a Christmas quote.
- Share photos of your favorite Christmas vacations.
- Share a photo of you as a kid celebrating Christmas.
- Build a gingerbread house.
- Share your Christmas card with the whole world.
- Dance in the snow to music and post it as an Instagram story.
- Show off the best gift you’ve ever received.
- Ask a friend to take a picture of you ice skating.
- Do yoga in front of the Christmas tree and share a wise quote.
- Share a photo of you Christmas shopping.
- Make some Christmas crafts with the kids and share them online.
- Take a photo of your family in their Christmas pajamas.
- Share a video of you throwing a snowball at someone.
- Share your favorite Christmas caroling video.
- Create a video explaining how you celebrate Christmas in your country.
- Take a selfie with a winter sunset.
- Show the snowy scene in your backyard.
- Show yourself going through your fitness routine.
- Show your cozy living room.
- Take a selfie with your Christmas breakfast.
- Create a collage of your favorite Christmas parties.
- Take a selfie of you writing your New Year’s resolutions.
- Take a selfie at the airport upon arrival at your Christmas destination.
- Take a selfie of yourself dressed as an elf.
- Make a video of yourself dressed as Santa.
- Share a list of things that always make you think of Christmas, including photos.
- Tell about a family tradition you do every year during the holiday season.
- Ask your followers to share their favorite Christmas movie.
- Make a video of you welcoming friends and family.
- Take a selfie of yourself working on a puzzle.
- Look up the history of Christmas and share some fun facts about your Insta story because everyone loves learning new things!
- Write down the things you’re thankful for this year!
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms. Millions of people use it every day for both professional and personal reasons. That means you need to take great photos and videos on Instagram if you want to get noticed.
If you’re a beginner, it can be tempting to jump into things and not pay attention to the details. However, if you take the time to learn how Instagram works and what makes good photos, you’ll have a better chance of getting more likes for your posts. Here are some tips that will help you do that:
- Make sure your subject is in focus
- Use filters sparingly
- Make sure there’s enough light
- Watch for distractions such as shadows or reflections in glass, etc.
- Take multiple pictures if necessary.
40 Instagram Caption Ideas
Instagram Stories are a great way to have fun and connect with your audience. Here are 40 Christmas-themed Instagram captions you can use for your Christmas Instagram Story highlight:
- Merry Christmas!
- Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!
- All I want for Christmas is…
- Santa Claus is coming to town.
- Here comes Santa Claus!
- Happy Holidays!
- There’s nothing better than a cup of hot cocoa.
- Vacation cheer!
- Joy to the world.
- Let there be snow!
- All I want for Christmas is you.
- Jingle bell rock!
- Eat, drink and be merry.
- Merry Christmas, friends! I wish you a time filled with love and joy.
- Some of the best moments happen with friends. And some of the best memories are made on Christmas Eve.
- This year, I will focus on being more thankful for the people in my life.
- Christmas is a time for family, friends, and togetherness. What’re you thankful for this year?
- How are you shaping your traditions?
- What’re your favorite Christmas traditions?
- If there’s one thing that makes me smile on Christmas Eve, it’s all the lights on the houses around town.
- I love going outside at night on the Christmas vacation and looking up at the stars because it always reminds me how small we’re compared to everything else in this world.
- What’s your favorite part of Christmas?
- Let’s start with the party.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
- Have a merry Christmas – with friends!
- Let’s all get together and have a good time!
- May your Christmas be filled with love, laughter, and happiness.
- May your Christmas shine brighter than any star in the sky.
- May the joy of this season fill your heart with happiness.
- Celebrate the magic of this season with us.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year … And we couldn’t be more excited about it!
- Gather around, friends and family – it’s time for some vacation caroling!
- The holiday season is my favorite time of the year!
- The best gift is a good friend.
- December 25th is coming! Here’s to another year filled with health and happiness!
- I’m so thankful for my friends and family this year!
- I’m so looking forward to Christmas Eve!
- I live the Christmas spirit!
- The best part about the holidays is the cozy feeling you get when surrounded by your favorite people.
- Whatever you do this vacation season, make sure you do it with someone who makes you smile.
How to Write a Good Instagram Caption for Christmas
It’s that time of year when you scroll through your Instagram feed, and all you see are photos of friends and family in festive sweaters laughing together and opening presents. If you’re like me, these pictures make you happy. But they also make me wonder: how can I make my Christmas photos look so great?
One of the best ways to get more engagement for your Instagram post is to have an Instagram caption. If your Christmas caption is well written, it helps others understand what’s going on in the photo and why they should like it.
Here are some caption writing tips that will help you get more likes for your posts:
- Write a description that tells a story
- Use hashtags appropriate to your Insta story
- Tell them what they see (or feel) in the photo
- Don’t just tell them what they see – show them!
Quotes are a great way to inspire and motivate your followers. They’re also perfect for product promotions because people love it when brands are personable.
- “I’ll honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all year long.” – Charles Dickens
- “Christmas isn’t only a time of joy, but also of reflection.” – Winston Churchill
- “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Theresa
- “Peace on earth will come and stay if we live Christmas every day.” – Helen Steiner Rice
- “How many keep Christ’s birthday! How few his commandments!” – Benjamin Franklin
How to Find the Perfect Quote
Picking a Christmas quote for Instagram isn’t easy, especially if you want to create a beautiful Instagram post.
There are many different quotes you can use, but it’s important to find one that fits your brand and style. If you’re looking for inspiration, here are some of our favorite Christmas quotes for Instagram.
- Make sure the quote is relevant to create audience engagement. If people don’t understand what the post means or why it should interest them, they won’t read or like it.
- When choosing a Christmas quote for Instagram, think about your target audience and what they care about. Do they have a favorite vacation? Are there any traditions they keep this time of year? What do they want to hear from you?
Christmas Is All About the Feeling
Christmas is all about the feeling. Sure, it’s about presents, family, and Santa Claus, but the real magic of Christmas comes from the feelings. We feel surrounded by people who love us and that we have a place in the world where we belong. The feeling that we can trust others to care for us, even when things are difficult.
The best Instagram stories capture these feelings – not just at Christmas but all year long. A creative Instagram story can reflect your personality, interests, and values – in a playful and fun way.
Christmas is about the feeling of love and togetherness when you gather with friends and family to share stories about your favorite Christmas memories (or just gossip about the past year). The feeling of warmth and contentment as you sit in front of a crackling fire, eating delicious food and drinking hot cocoa while watching a Christmas story for the millionth time.
It’s about the feelings that Christmas brings us – not perfection or perfectionism, but real human feelings that are often overlooked in our hectic lives.